Estes Invests In Nationwide Network Expansion
As the nation’s largest privately owned freight transportation company, Estes is committed to keeping America’s freight moving. That’s why the company is investing in capacity expansion that will increase terminal doors, add more equipment, and grow the number of drivers and dockworkers across its vast nationwide network.
Beginning in the southern U.S., the company is expanding its footprint in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. This capacity enhancement is expected to reduce dock congestion, mitigate the risk of damaged freight, and improve its customers’ experience there.
These terminal openings are part of an even broader network expansion Estes has been advancing in southern U.S. since 2021. As part of this effort, over the last year Estes has:
- Opened a new facility in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, adding nearly 120 doors to its network
- Relocated its San Antonio terminal to a larger facility, growing its capacity in the area by 200%
- Added more than 70 terminal doors in Oklahoma City, OK, expanding its door count there by more than 250%
- Replaced two older terminals in Knoxville, TN, and Savannah, GA with state-of-the art facilities that more than double its capacity in both markets
Estes is also investing in additional equipment and growing its workforce to provide more reliable service throughout the region. Since 2021, the company has:
- Grown its number of dockworkers in Texas and Oklahoma by about 50%
- Increased its number of drivers by 24% in the last year, with 40% of those recruits located in the southern U.S.
- Acquired about 1,100 tractors, about 1,000 pups, and increase its number of forklifts to move freight more efficiently through its network
Coming soon in 2022, Estes will be:
- Opening an additional, 202-door facility in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex
- Adding a second Louisiana terminal to its network to better serve New Orleans and Baton Rouge, boosting the company’s door count in the region by more than 200% since 2021
“Through these expansion efforts, we want our customers in this region to know that Estes is committed to doing right by them,” says Estes CEO and President Rob Estes. “We’re excited to be expanding in the areas where Estes needs it most and will never stop going the extra mile to invest in solutions that improve our customers’ shipping experience.”